Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm still burned up about tires

I just can't help it. I am still ticked off beyond words about the pitiful situation that NASCAR and Goodyear tried to call racing this past weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. As I stated previously, next to Daytona and maybe Talladega, Indy is like the Holy Grail of NASCAR racing.
The track has so much history and it's sad that the tires used for this year's Brickyard 400 ruined the race.
I will say this, NASCAR has been very contrite and apologetic regarding the tire problem but I have yet to hear a single word from Goodyear. An apology would be nice and if you can't figure out what to say you could always take notes from NASCAR's Robin Pemberton. This is what he had to say:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodyear really messed up this time but as usual NASCAR let them get away with it. Why doesn't NASCAR talk to other divisions and other tire companies instead of pampering Goodyear???
Very, Very bad race last week, lte's hope it's better this weekend with the "Pocono" tires.