Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday 6:45 p.m. UPDATE: Sprint Showdown underway



It's hard to update the site when you are out at the track and doing different stuff all day long. Right now, we are under caution in the Sprint Showdown race. That's the race where drivers, not already qualified for the $1 million Sprint All Star race, can win their way into the action.
The caution came out after Patrick Carpentier lost it coming around Turn 4 on Lap 6 and backed the No. 10 Dodge into the outside wall.
As I said, I have been working on a pretty cool story all day. My goal over the next week is to visit as many race shops as I can and then rank them. So far, I can tell you that Michael Waltrip's Raceworld is the best race shop that I have toured. There are a lot of race shops so that doesn't men he will be ranked number one. I have ben told that Penske Racing South is an awesome facility. I was even lucky enough to get a photo with Michael
 Waltrip, who was hanging out and signing autographs for his fans.
Well, it's Lap 8 and we are again under caution. 
This time for Elliott Sadler's No. 19 Dodge.
WOW, that's two Gillette Evernham Motorsports cars out of action.
The first segment is over and Robby Gordon has taken his car to the garage. Apparently, there was a windshield tear-off covering the air intake and he overheated the Jim Beam Dodge.

No comments: