Friday, August 22, 2008

Bristol Motor Speedway - Friday morning


All is quiet at Bristol Motor Speedway this morning but that is soon to change as the cars take to the track for practice in just a little while.
Already there are crew members, drivers and the ever-present media representatives meandering through the garage area. The media center here is about the size of a handicapped stall in a public restroom and we have about 60 people crammed inside. Yesterday was pretty much uneventful. Nothing happening at the track and the only real NASCAR action involved the hauler parade down Volunteer Parkway to the track.
There are a couple of press conferences scheduled for today. One is an announcement from Michael Waltrip Racing regarding David Reuttimann. The other involves Kevin Harvick. I will be at both and will post something when they are completed.
Sorry about the crappy photo of the front of the racetrack but I was using my cell phone camera. I am having minor technical difficulties with a lens on my Nikon D300 — it imploded. Not to worry, I will have a replacement lens before tonight's Nationwide Series Food City 250.

No comments: