Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kesolowski steals the win in the Food City 250


It looked like it was going to be a good night for Clint bowyer on Saturday as he showed the strength of the No. 2 BB&T Chevrolet for much of the evening. But bobble after the restart on Lap 226 was all that JR Motorsports driver Brad Kesolwski needed to overtake him and put the No. 88 Navy Chevrolet in Victory Lane.

“We were dead even,” Kesolowski said after the race. “I needed a break and he gave it to me. All I could do was to force him to drive hard and try and make a mistake.”

It was Kesolowski’s second win of the year; his first came earlier this season at Nashville Superspeedway in June.

Bowyer was stunned after Friday’s race recalling the mistake he made on the restart.

“I just can’t believe it,” Bowyer said. “I can’t believe. I just got loose down there and gave it away.”

Greg Biffle finished the race in third followed by pole sitter and rookie driver Cale Gale in the No. 33 Camping Word Chevrolet. Gale, who drives for Kevin Harvick Inc., led the first 17 laps before he was passed by former Indy Racing League driver Dario Franchitti.

David Stremme rounded out the Top 5.

No comments: